Gear Conversion Course
This course is perfect for those who wish to learn how to ride and learn the mechanics of a geared Motorcycle in order to progress to obtaining a Full Motorcycle Licence (A1, A2 or A – DAS Licence).
It is also a lot of fun for those who wish to learn all about geared Motorcycles just for the knowledge and experience and can also be beneficial for those who already have a Full Motorcycle Licence but haven’t driven for a while and just want to be refreshed on using a geared motorcycle.
NOTE: This course is “much better” for those who already have a “Valid CBT Certificate” as without one you will be restricted to off road riding and will not get the full benefit of the course. Your CBT Certificate must be “In Date” and showing all of the correct details.
Please also note: This is not a CBT Course and you will not receive any certificate for completing this course.
You will be required to bring with you to this course, your:
- UK Provisional Licence or Full UK Driving Licence (Just the photo card) or EU Driving Licence that has been registered with the DVLA (the photo card along with all other corresponding DVLA documents)
- National Insurance Number (If you do not have a National Insurance Number then you must get a CHECK CODE from the DVLA in order to do this course). We do not need to see the card, we just need the number.
- Current “valid” CBT Certificate – The CBT Certificate must be 100% valid, showing all of the correct details and “MUST BE IN DATE”. If you do not have a “Valid CBT Certificate” then you will be restricted to “off road training”
- Suitable clothing must be warn – Jeans, boots with ankle protection and a long sleeved top would be ideal – we recommend that you do not wear trainers. No shorts, skirts or flip flops.
- You must be able to communicate with and understand the instructors in English
A geared 125cc Motorcycle, Helmet, Gloves, Jacket & waterproofs are all included in the price of this course.
What’s covered in the Gear Conversion Course?
. The controls and maintenance of a geared Motorcycle as well as the principles of changing gear.
. How to operate the breaks correctly
. Very important do’s and don’ts on a geared Motorcycle
. Starting and stopping in a straight line
. Controlling the Motorcycle at a slow pace under balance
. Changing gear correctly (up and down)
. Performing basic manoeuvres such as: Figure Of Eight, U-turn and Emergency Stop
How long is the course?
Gear Conversion Courses are 2 hours long and are available 7 days a week. The course runs from 15:30pm – 17:30pm