CBT Renewal Course
This course is only for those who HAVE done a CBT course before and “wish to renew their Certificate” however, you must be an experienced rider who has been riding a Motorcycle or Scooter consistently for the last year or more. If you want to renew your DL196 Certificate but you have not been riding consistently for at least the last year, you will have to book a full CBT Course instead.
You have “up to 30 days” to renew your CBT Certificate from it’s “Date Of Expiry”. If you fail to renew your CBT Certificate “within this 30 day period” you will have to take a full CBT course again. Please note that “after” your CBT Certificate expires, it is against the law to ride a motorcycle or scooter until your CBT Certificate has been renewed or if you have obtained a Full Motorcycle Licence by then.
A Motorcycle or Scooter, Helmet, Gloves, Jacket & waterproofs are all included in the price of this course.
NOTE: If you passed your “Full UK Driving Test” before “February 2001” you are allowed to ride up to and including a 50cc Scooter without displaying L-plates and you are also allowed to carry passengers but if you wish to ride a Motorcycle over a 50cc and up to and including a 125cc then you must complete a CBT Course.
You will be required to bring with you to this course (with NO exceptions), your:
- UK Provisional Licence or Full UK Driving Licence (Just the photo card) or EU Driving Licence that has been registered with the DVLA (the photo card along with all other corresponding DVLA documents)
- National Insurance Number (If you do not have a National Insurance Number then you must get a CHECK CODE from the DVLA in order to do this course). We do not need to see the card, we just need the number.
- Current “valid” or recently expired CBT Certificate – The CBT certificate must be 100% valid, showing all of the correct details and must NOT be “more than 30 days” past it’s “Date Of Expiry”.
- Suitable clothing must be warn – Jeans, boots with ankle protection and a long sleeved top would be ideal – we recommend that you do not wear trainers. No shorts, skirts or flip flops.
- You must be able to communicate with and understand the instructors in English
If you wish to use your own bike you must bring all of the following documentation with you (no exceptions):
. Original Certificate of Motor Insurance.
. Valid ” Road Tax ”
. Valid MOT if your bike is over 3 years old
. Current “Valid” CBT Certificate which must still be in date
. You must display clear L-plates on the front and back of your bike
After taking this course you will be allowed to ride a Light Motorcycle or Scooter up to and including a 125cc
but you must:
- Display clear L-plates on the front and back of your Motorcycle or Scooter
- Not carry any passengers
- Not go on Motorways
The CBT Certificate (DL196) lasts for 2 years at which point you will have to Renew your CBT unless you’ve got your Full Motorcycle Licence (A, A1 or A2) by then.
What is a CBT Renewal Course?
A CBT Renewal course should be booked if your CBT Certificate is “about to expire” or if it has “already expired” but is still “Within 30 days of it’s Date Of Expiry”. It is essentially, exactly the same as a CBT Course but for experienced riders only.
If your CBT Certificate is “31 days or more past it’s Date Of Expiry” then you will need to book a “CBT” again, “NOT” a CBT Renewal.
Please note: “after” your CBT Certificate expires, it is against the law to ride a motorcycle or scooter until your CBT Certificate has been renewed or if you have obtained a Full Motorcycle Licence by then.
How long is the course?
CBT Renewal Courses usually last a few hours. We run one CBT Renewal Course a day:
The CBT Renewal Course (p.m course) runs from 13:30pm – 17:30pm and is available 7 days a week.
The times shown above are to give you an indication of how long the course is. It might last longer.